School of Continuing and Professional Studies > About > SCPS Distinctions
Celebrate SCPS faculty and staff as we recognize awards, milestones and groundbreaking research.
Dr. Tatum Thomas, Associate Professor, SCPS Dean
Patrizia Acerra, MA, SCPS Assistant Director, Academic Advising
Dr. Marisa Alicea, Professor
Joseph Cunniff, Adjunct Professor
Susanne Dumbleton, Professor Emerita
Christine Hayda, MS, Program Manager, Academic Services
Dr. Dan K. Hibbler, Associate Professor
Dr. Deborah Holton, Professor Emerita
Dr. John Kimsey, Associate Professor
Dr. Caroline Kisiel, Associate Professor
Labor Education Center
Dr. Catherine Marienau, Professor Emerita hosted several podcasts:
Dr. Zoab Mirza, Adjunct Faculty
Doug Murphy, MA, Adjunct Faculty
Dr. Susan Reed, Professor Emerita
Telisa Robinson-Davis, Retention Coordinator
Leyfane J. Thomas, MA Communications Coordinator
R. Craig Sautter, Adjunct Faculty
Dr. Donald Opitz, Interim Dean
Patrizia Acerra, MA, Senior Academic Advisor and Adjunct Faculty
Kamilah Cummings, MA, Dr. Kenya Grooms, Nicholas Hayes, MFA and Steffanie Triller Fry, MFA, along with former Associate Professor, Dr. Michelle Navarre Cleary, co-authored and published:
Molia Dumbleton, MA, Adjunct Faculty
Christine Hayda, MS, Adjunct Faculty and Program Manager
Nicholas Hayes, MFA, Adjunct Faculty and Assistant Director, OPLA
Dr. Sara Kimble, Associate Professor and Undergraduate Program Director
Gina Orlando, MA, CH, Adjunct Faculty
Dr. Jessica Cook-Qurayshi, Director, Labor Education and Jessica Espinoza, BA, Associate Director, Labor Education presented:
Dr. Lisa Saye, Adjunct Faculty, authored and published:
Dr. Gabriele Strohschen, Professor Emerita, authored and published:
Shana Wills, MA, Adjunct Faculty
Staff Recognition Awards
· Appointed to the DePaul Institute for Restorative Academic and Civic Engagement Planning Committee.
· Published “Shaping the Future of Higher Ed with Short-Term Credentials”, appearing in The Evolllution: A Modern Campus Illumination (03/17/2021).
· Presented with colleagues J. Blossey, J. Harris, R. Mackinnon, S. Pardys, and M. Selph, “Women in business: Overcoming challenges in the workplace [Panel discussion]. Driehaus College of Business. May 11, 2021
· Presentation with Alex Hernandez and Dr. Shelia Thomas, on the topics of education using cutting-edge benchmarking data, fueled by the UPCEA Center for Research & Strategy. Virtual presentation, hosted by the UPCEA Annual Conference, UPCEA Institutional Representatives Annual Briefing: The Pandemic's Domino Effect on PCO, April 7-9, 2021, Washington, DC 20036.
Joseph Cunniff, Adjunct Professor celebrates 36 years of teaching in the arts for DePaul and his 40th year of writing about the arts in Chicago.
· Published “Designs for embodiment and soul: Offerings for adult learners in the twenty-first century college classroom”, in Phenomenologies of grace: The body, embodiment and transformative futures. London, UK: Palgrave Macmillan. (2020)
· Awarded a Dean’s Innovation Grant to facilitate three virtual Community Engagement Network (CEN) events in Summer and early Fall 2020 in collaboration with DePaul colleagues and emeriti:
In collaboration with Dr. Marisa Alicea, and John LittleJohn, Adjunct
Faculty, Director of SCPS Adult Men of Color Initiative: “A Front Porch Conversation about Adult Men of Color as Learners,” (July 27, 2020); “A Tribute to Arthur W. Checkering (April 1927-August 2020)” (September 25, 2020), moderated by Professor Emerita, Dr. Catherine Marienau; and “Empowering the Vote in Communities: Awareness, Understanding and Action” (September 28, 2020), a collaboration with DePaul Associate Professor, Dr. Christina Rivers.
Dr. Catherine Marienau, Professor Emerita, hosted several podcasts:
Women Over 70: Aging Reimagined
Brain-based Adult Learning
Published article, My Take: The fight for Lake Michigan, in the Holland Sentinel newspaper. May 2020
· Nominated for Supervisor of the Year. Telisa was recognized for her mentorship, interest in employee development, and contributions to the DePaul community as a DePaul supervisor for peer mentors.
· Appointed to the Faulty and Staff Alumni Committee, (August 2020).
· Re-appointed to the University’s Student Commencement Speaker Selection Committee (September 2020).
· Earned certifications in Project Management, Social Media Strategies and Marketing, Marketing Communications, Instagram, Facebook Foundations and Pivoting to Virtual Events.
Recently published his second book of poetry. The Sound of One Hand Typing. It is available at Amazon.com
Dr. Marisa Alicea, Professor and Resident Faculty
Dr. Joseph Chen, Associate Professor, Director, OPLA
Dr. Joseph Cunniff, Adjunct Faculty
Dr. Janise Hurtig, Adjunct Faculty
Drs. Caroline Kisiel, Associate Professor
Dr. Catherine Marienau, Professor Emerita
Dr. Arieahn Matamonasa Bennett, Associate Professor and Graduate Programs Director
Dr. Susan McGury, Associate Professor
Dr. R. Craig Sautter, Adjunct Faculty
Leyfane J. Thomas, MA, Communications Coordinator, Enrollment and Student Engagement
The following members of the SCPS staff received Staff Recognition Awards this fall, for their above-and-beyond contributions: