School of Continuing and Professional Studies > Student Resources > Undergraduate Resources >
SCPS Bachelor of Arts Graduation Information
The DePaul graduation process has two components
- Conferral: submitting your application, having your credentials verified, conferring your degree, updating your transcript to indicate the completion of your degree and issuing your diploma.
- Commencement: the official ceremony held at the end of the Spring Quarter each year commonly referred to as "graduation." Your degree can be conferred at the end of any academic quarter and you are welcome to attend the commencement ceremony in June of that academic year. Details about the ceremony can be found on the DePaul Commencement website.
To apply for conferral, login to Campus Connect Student Homepage > Academic Progress > Apply for Graduation by the deadlines listed below and select the quarter you wish to graduate.
- October 1: Deadline to apply for Fall conferral.
- January 15: Deadline to apply for Winter conferral.
- February 1: Deadline to apply for Spring conferral.
- July 15: Deadline to apply for Summer conferral.
- Update your personal information on Campus Connect, Profiles, Addresses, Add Diploma Address.
- In particular, you need to have a diploma address listed for you. While your diploma address may or may not be the same as your regular DePaul contact address, it needs to be entered into the system separately in order to send your diploma after conferral. Without a diploma address on file, your diploma will not be mailed to you. For more information about diplomas, you can go to the DePaul diploma website.
- You will be contacted by email with in 30 days after the end of the quarter with a confirmation that your degree has been posted or denied after the official graduation audit is completed. After your degree has been conferred, you will able to order your official transcripts from this website.
- You will receive your diploma within 6-8 weeks of your degree being posted.
- To check the status of your diploma, contact DePaul Central at 312-362-8610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortly after the application deadline for conferral, you will be contacted by your advisor to verify your remaining requirements. Once you have applied for conferral, you will not be eligible to register for any quarter after the conferral quarter.
- Submit all transfer courses and PLA proposals, proficiency exams, and/or any other documentation needed to complete your program at least two quarters in advance of your conferral.
- If you decide you will not be able to complete your program in the quarter you have chosen, you need to return to the online application and either withdraw your conferral application or change it to a future quarter.
- If you have any questions about when you should apply for conferral or what requirements you have remaining in your program, contact your advisor.
- For other questions related to graduation, email SCPSgraduation@depaul.edu.